Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer access TT 2021

I just downloaded TT 2022, but when attempting to start TT 2021 which I have been using, it now asks me to activate.  When re-entering the original activation code it throws an error.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

This was resolved by reactivating 3 existing Turbotax programs, all of which were no longer working.

I would suggest that users be advised to make a safe copy of the activation codes, since they may be required again in the future.. 😕

Or.. know how to sign into their Intuit Account where these codes are kept... which even the Helpdesk did not seem to know since they made me go back through several years of emails to recover them.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Please try this link: https://ww1.2021.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca/signin?

Sometimes, cleaning your cache clears the problem. If more help is needed please send us a screenshot of the error or let us know which error and message you are getting.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

TT21.jpgTT 21 02.jpg

BTW, I have both TT 2021 Canada and U.S. installed, and they both now want to be activated (again)..

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please call 1-888-829-8608

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Will do.

This was resolved by reactivating 3 existing Turbotax programs, all of which were no longer working.

I would suggest that users be advised to make a safe copy of the activation codes, since they may be required again in the future.. 😕

Or.. know how to sign into their Intuit Account where these codes are kept... which even the Helpdesk did not seem to know since they made me go back through several years of emails to recover them.

Could you please stop awarding me Badges... I got awarded seven of them just to solve this simple issue.

Getting annoying! 😉