Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can open and run the 2023 Turbotax Standard software after accidental computer shut down

I download and used the 2023 Turbotax Standard software to create several 2023 tax returns. But while working on one of them, my computer shut down accidently and then after that I could no longer open Turbotax software.  When I try to open Turbotax, it opens up the blue logo screen with the checkmark in red dot, it will ask me if I want to register, I get the red dot logo in the task bar, but then after that it doesn't go any further. The software doesn't open, no menu screen for me to choose the 2023 nor transfer the 2022 tax returns. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, but still have the issue.  Please help me with resolving this issue. 

4 Replies

Can open and run the 2023 Turbotax Standard software after accidental computer shut down

Please try reinstalling TurboTax using the download from our website.  You can download the current version of TurboTax CD/download edition here:  Choose the 2023 TurboTax edition you need (for Windows). If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

I tried reinstalling the software.  Still does not work. It does not open the software.  What else can I do?

When I call, the automated option doesn't connect me to talk to a customer support team member.

When you can phone support, tell the computer you want to speak to an agent. You may have to repeat yourself. Then when it asks if you if you want a text message, say no. It should then start asking you for your phone number and other info needed to transfer you to an agent.