Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lpierfederici
Returning Member

Can't login: "Your Browser is not supported"

I'm using Firefox 74 (latest as of today) on Linux, but when I login I land on an error page that says "Your Browser is not supported": https://ww1.2019.turbotaxonline.intuit.ca/secure/browsercheck

(The "Select a Product" section of this form doesn't have a "Linux" option under "Choose The Platform", did I pick the wrong product for turbotaxonline?)

Thanks

7 Replies
propertyintel1
Returning Member

I have a Mac and have been completing my taxes on line with Turbo Tax for years but now I can't update my browser to complete, how can I still complete my taxes with Turbo Tax

I am having the same problem as the 2 stories above,

several years of using Turbotax Premier but can' get past the Browser is not supported page.  Using Firefox on Linux.

We need help.

Can't find a phone number for support, what do we do?

lpierfederici
Returning Member

I found an answer to my own question above: I had a leftover custom user-agent from years back defined in: about:config -> general.useragent.override. I've removed the entry and now I'm able to access TurboTax without problems.

whats with this update browser, never before, wasted 2 hrs trying to update very frustrating

help2019

I have spent many hours to do my taxes.  Message reads your browser is not supported.  I have downloaded the browser over and over and still can't succeed.

I had the same problem using firefox,

the only way I found to resolve it was use to a different operating system (Chrome) on a different device (my desktop instead of my laptop)

Good luck

Please try using the Google Chrome browser.