Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JOSamayoa

Canada Workers Benefit - Error

Turbo tax is automatically applying for the Canada Workers Benefit even though my family (spouse and myself) are not eligible for it. After this step, our refund drops by about $2000.00. We tried going in to into the forms and turned it off for both our returns, but the refund calculation does not correct to what it should be based on no CWB - when we change it to NO for one person, the program automatically checks YES in the form of the other spouse.

We are using TurboTax Download.

4 Replies

When you enter eligible income on you tax return, TurboTax will automatically claim the Canada Workers Benefit for you. If you later enter information that makes you ineligible, or choose not to claim the credit, the Canada Workers Benefit is removed from your return.

Al Tiller

I have this same problem with my Desk Top download of Turbo Tax Premium. I cannot get rid of the CWB info and CRA will not let me file.  It shows me as not married? Error code 2229. I have tried to remove and or change to not requested and it keeps coming back?

@Al Tiller If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

Al Tiller

All good now, that CRA has fixed their problem.  Thank you.