Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Download Data from MY Account .

I have the desktop version of Turbotax Standard.  When I try to download my data from CRA MY Account, I am able to sign into My Account however I then receive the message: "Error - ERR.021".  Sometimes I receive the message: "forbidden You are not authorized to view this  page."  I have followed all of the suggestions that have been posted in the past:

• Back up and keep trying
  • Disable Trusted Credentials
  • Go into My Account and then try to download via Turbotax
  • Try different browsers
  • Clean up my laptop (the registry; cookies.

I called Turbotax who confirmed that I was following the correct process in Turbotax but who said they cannot help since it is a Revenue Canada issue. However I can access My Account outside of Turbotax therefore this does definitely seem like a Turbotax problem.  (I can save myself a few hours of work if I can download the data otherwise I would just forget about downloading.)  

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

RESOLVED: ERR.021  (Error received when you try to download data from Revenue Canada into Turbotax)

Would you mind posting this fix in such a way that anyone who experiences this error will be bale to find it and make the call to Revenue Canada?

Today, I did get in contact with Technical Services at Revenue Canada.  It is  a very simple fix at their end.  If "web services" in not turned on within MY Account, you will receive the error message 021 and you will not be able to download the data.  I did spend about 30 minutes (once I spoke to a live CRA agent) for them to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.  I tried it while she was on the phone and the transfer took less than a minute.  

View solution in original post

19 Replies

We have not been notified of any issues at this moment. Did you try signing in to your MyAccount and leaving it open while you try doing your Autofill in your return? We have seen some clients succeed at a different time of day as it is very busy right now and the servers may be overrun with demand.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Yes I have logged into My Account and I have left it open then I returned to Turbotax to try the Download.  I have tried at different or earlier  midnight and try again.  

Sorry for the partial message. I have tried at different times of the day/evening however I will try it say 6 am or another off peak time of the night.

Thank you for the update.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Last night, I tried it several times through the evening; after midnight and at 7am.  I received the same ERR.021 error. Do you have any other suggestions? (See previous message where I listed all the suggestions found in others comments.).

Actually there are others having this same issue.  Can you have technical support rigorously test this function at different times of the day using different browsers, etc and determine the root cause of this problem? It has to be more than a busy network.  

Thank you for the update. Because you have tried all the suggestions, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If a resolution is not reached, please ask for an escalation to have an investigation done. 

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax and thank you for your patience.

Thank you. I have already contacted support (prior to my posting) and they indicated that I needed to contact Revenue Canada. However I will re-contact support and ask that my problem be escalated.

Thank you for the update.

Thank you for your patience.

RESOLVED: ERR.021  (Error received when you try to download data from Revenue Canada into Turbotax)

Would you mind posting this fix in such a way that anyone who experiences this error will be bale to find it and make the call to Revenue Canada?

Today, I did get in contact with Technical Services at Revenue Canada.  It is  a very simple fix at their end.  If "web services" in not turned on within MY Account, you will receive the error message 021 and you will not be able to download the data.  I did spend about 30 minutes (once I spoke to a live CRA agent) for them to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.  I tried it while she was on the phone and the transfer took less than a minute.