Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miroslav
Returning Member

Cannot refile return for the year 2018

I need to re-file my returns for the years 2018 and 2019 with the additional information about capital gains. Both returns were originally filed by TurboTax, successfully accepted and assessed by CRA and I received NOA for both of them.

I was able to successfully re-file the return for the year 2019 and it was accepted by CRA. However, the same does not work for the year 2018. When I try to re-file the return, I'm getting the following error message:
"Only initial returns transmitted electronically and accepted by the CRA for that tax year are eligible for the ReFILE service."

Here is the screenshot:turbotax error on refile.PNG

I've already tried three times and wouldn't like to retry as I'm risking my account to become locked.

Please help in troubleshooting this issue.

1 Reply

Cannot refile return for the year 2018

As we cannot see your individual tax situation, it's difficult in this forum to provide you with an answer to your question. If your return was successfully NetFiled you should be seeing that ReFile option.

Please reach out to our Customer Support team and they can take a closer look for you. You can get the correct number for our phone support team by using this form: https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/