Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josuah

Cannot remove adjustment code from Capital Gain (Loss) Adjustments Worksheetl that

After importing from my brokerage account, I have a bunch of "Capital Gain (Loss) Adjustment Worksheet" forms filled out and have run into a problem that I cannot fix.

1. Almost every form has a Part II Manual Adjustments adjustment code of "N" prefilled. I am unable to delete this field and leave it blank.

2. If the partner II code "N" is entered I am required to fill in an adjustment amount. For almost all of the forms, this is $0.00 and I have to manually go through and fill in $0.00 on every form one by one.

3. The Part II Manual Adjustments code "N" is also prefilled even when I needed to fill in Part III Specific Adjustments. But TurboTax reports an error that Part II should not have an adjustment code when I am filling in Part III.

4. The Part II Manual Adjustments code of "N" does not always match the Part I Values for Form 8949 adjustment code. This is a particular problem for wash sale. I cannot really get the correct calculation to occur because Part I Values for Form 8949 has adjustment code NW with non-zero values for the adjustment amount and the gain/loss, and then there is a further Part II Manual Adjustments code of "N" with another non-zero adjustment amount.

While I can go through and manually enter $0.00 for any worksheets that will work that way, I cannot do this to resolve the wash sale and Part III conflicts. In the current state, I am unable to finish and file my taxes.

1 Reply

Cannot remove adjustment code from Capital Gain (Loss) Adjustments Worksheetl that

This is the support site for the Canadian TurboTax. For assistance with U.S. taxes and U.S. versions of TurboTax, please visit the website for TurboTax USA.