Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jalc23
Returning Member

Cannot use my Canadian mobile number. How do I access the chat with my tax expert? Any alternate way to contact them?

To preface, I lived in Canada for 1 year in 2023 in which I earned a self-employed income. I am now back in England, UK and no longer have a usable Canadian number. I wanted tax expert guidance, and thought TurboTax would provide an online call in-browser.

I couldn't use my UK number so I entered my old Canadian number which I no longer have a SIM card for. My tax expert would not but able to reach me, however I received this email saying I have a new message . I click the link, sign in, then it leads me back to my page where I share my documents.

How do I access the chat with my tax expert? Is there any alternative method to contact them so I can provide my UK number? Please advise!

Screenshot 2024-03-01 231002.pngScreenshot 2024-03-01 231425.png

3 Replies
Moussi2

Cannot use my Canadian mobile number. How do I access the chat with my tax expert? Any alternate way to contact them?

I will have a tax expert contact you by email. He will ask you for a phone contact. Please verify your email for the next 2 days. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

jalc23
Returning Member

The email linked to this account is the correct one, so I will wait for them to contact me. Thank you, I appreciate the quick response.

Moussi2

You are welcome. 

Thank you for your patience.