Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claiming Digital Subscription Credit

The instructions in the chat bot are shown below.

When prompted in the Payment Profile step of the Deductions section, enter the amount you paid for your eligible digital news subscription, then select Continue. This amount is then applied directly to line 31350 of your income tax return in any TurboTax software you choose to use.

I can find neither the italicized Payment Profile or the Deductions section when querying the app.  So there is no way that I can find to enter the amount of credit to which I am entitled.  It would be simplest if one could simply click on Line 31350 and be directed to the page where this information can be entered, but apparently Intuit doesn't think so intuitively. 

Step by step instructions using the menu bar would be appreciated.

3 Replies

Please see the following screenshot for the location of the Digital News Subscription in TurboTax Online:

If you are still not able to find the Digital News Subscription in the menu, then you can search for it using the Find tool 🔍.

If you would prefer to prepare your return using forms, then you can always use TurboTax CD/Download (for Windows).

where is this in turbo tax basic, does not show in easy step and line31350 seems frozen

@kimmarshall Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.