Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine receipts of same type for same person in one receipt record

Getting the error code to combine receipts of the same type.  I have entered 3 different types of medical expenses - Drugs, massage therapy, Blood Tests, all for the same person.  I have combined all drug expenses together into one entry, same with multiple massage expenses, but these are very different types of expenses, is the process to combine all of these into one entry even tho they are totally different types of expenses ?

P.S.  I'm pretty intelligent and am totally confused by the what the error code is telling me to do.  I also see this question asked a lot and perhaps Intuit needs to make this process either more clear or easier to fill out, just a thought.

3 Replies

What is the exact error message that you are getting?

The error says. "Combine receipts of same type for same person in one receipt record".  This is for medical expenses I am entering for a dependant child under 18, the page gives several sections to enter different medical expenses.  I have entered 3 groups of expenses per my previous post and TT is showing the error asking to combine them and will not proceed past the page without correcting the error.

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.