Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldarcywilson
Returning Member

Contact expert help - they don't get the right number

When I log in to contact a tax expert both the call now and make an appointment options display a call back number that has not been in use for more than a decade. The correct number is in my profile (both profiles quicken and turbotax). The call back number that is initially displayed can be revised but no call ever comes. Through twitter I was able to convince intuit to have someone call my current phone number. When I finally received the call I confirmed with them that the more than a dozen requests displayed only the out of service number to them. Now after another marathon 5 hour phone session intuit just says the same crap over an over......use account recovery to update your number, update the number you see displayed when you ask for a call. Account recovery was done and my info is correct. I update the number one the request a call pop. THE SOFTWARE DOES NOT WORK. IT IS DRAWING OLD INFORMATION AND PRESENTING IT TO THE EXPERT SO I NEVER GET A CALL!

3 Replies

Where they able to help resolve your issue as of yet?

ldarcywilson
Returning Member

No, but here was some progress when a manager I was speaking with did acknowledge the problem and undertook to investigate why an incorrect phone number is provided to the tax expert team. A second manager called more recently and corrected the phone number in another account associated with my email that he found. 

Thank you for the update. Happy to see you are receiving help.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.