Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taxgeneer

CPP/QPP/PPIP deduction wrongly requested by TurboTax

I completed my 2019 return online and while checking to see if everything is as supposed, I see TurboTax automatically attempts to claim a Deduction for CPP/QPP/PPIP of 80.85 for both me and my wife. There is no justification for where this amount comes from and I can't change manually in any screen either.

I called the support center and was told that this was indeed an issue and it should have been resolved March 9. I attempted deleting my income statements (initially CRA imported) and adding them manually again, but TurboTax still calculates this deduction. Since I already paid for my returns, how do I get this fixed?

2 Replies

The $80.85 deduction you are seeing on your 2019 tax return is part of the new Canada Pension Plan Enhancement. This is the maximum allowable claim and is seen on Line 22215 of your tax return.

For more information on this deduction and the changes to your CPP Contributions, please see the following CRA documents:

The Canada Pension Plan enhancement – Businesses, individuals and self-employed: what it means for y...

Line 22215 – Deduction for CPP or QPP enhanced contributions on employment income

I have the same, I am confused by the mention of "for self-employment" (I was reading it as "for working as freelance", which I've never done in Canada since i've always been a regular employee). QUESTION: so it is correct to have it (I havr 81 CAD) and I just have to leave it there ok? Can you please confirm? It's the last thing i have to check and then I'll submit, thanks!