Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPT30 warning stops netfile

I am 71.  Stopped paying CPP years ago.  I get a warning that stops me from using Netfile that I can't clear.  I really don't want to have to print and mail my return.  I will look for another Netfile software and forget about Turbo Tax forever unless I get an answer.
3 Replies

Can you please clarify what the message is that you get when you try to NetFile and if there is a code?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Boy!  Have you ever thought of making your turbotax community accessible from your website or turbotax?

I did receive a message by email and responded to it by email, then a message on Messenger.  I very much want help with this, because if I don't, I will be trying different tax software, rather than printing and mailing my tax forms as suggested.  Here is a screen shot of the error.  It doesn't matter what I do, the error will not go away, and I have no idea what they want from me, but I want to file my taxes soon.  Once again, I have not paid into CPP for years - I am 71 and have been doing odd work since I retired, and advised CPP a long time ago that I did not wish to continue paying.Screenshot 2024-03-16 183328.png

Please answer Yes to the question "Did you elect to stop contributing to CPP on your self-employment earnings in a year prior to 2023".