Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saskie01
Returning Member

CRA auto load not working

I have 350 t slips.  I keep

getting error "oops, we encountered error" 

CRA site is not down.  CRA states auto load can up load to 500 t slips. 

is this turbo tax problem or limitation ? Suggestions? 

6 Replies

Yes, TurboTax does have a limit on how many t-slips can be imported that is less than the amount that the CRA supports. There's also a limit per slip type, so if you have a lot of one type of slip, that will also cause Auto-Fill to fail.

reg44

" TurboTax does have a limit on how many t-slips can be imported that is less than the amount that the CRA supports. There's also a limit per slip type, so if you have a lot of one type of slip, that will also cause Auto-Fill to fail." 

Is there a solution/work-around to this?

I have 180+ slips in CRA (most T5008). Do they have to be input manually?? 

@reg44 You can put multiple T5008s for the same stock together, then you can enter the totals of each box # onto one slip. Use Dec. 31 as the date.

reg44

So that reduces the manual inputs from 160 to 50 for T5008. Some help but not what I was hoping for.  And it also doesn't solve the problem of the auto-fill still not working for the remainder of my tax slips. Any suggestions there?

Unfortunately, if you have too many slips to auto-fill, there is no way to reduce the amount of slips that TurboTax tries to pull in to stop the error. So, you will have to enter your other slips manually. 

btf1

I just went through this process and added up all the same funds and enter them in manually.  Still, not having auto-load work for 195 t5008 slips costed me hours of entering in all my slips.

If this happens again next year, I'll probably use another tax software.