Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbleaney
Returning Member

CRA’s Auto-fill of tax slips - downloaded tax slips - then CRA loaded a few more - can I download the new slips?

I used the CRA Auto-fill to download my tax slips into TurboTax desktop edition a few days ago. 

A few days later, I noticed that one of my accounts posted another T3.  This means that CRA likely has tax slip data for me that was not downloaded for at the point I ran AFR in TurboTax.  

> Can I download any "recent/new" slips from CRA into TurboTax? 

> If I try to run the TurboTax download again, will it corrupt my data or download duplicate receipts? 

> Do I have to manually cross reference every account/slip against those downloaded from CRA to look for gaps that relate to any slips loaded into CRA late?

1 Reply

CRA’s Auto-fill of tax slips - downloaded tax slips - then CRA loaded a few more - can I download the new slips?

Yes, you can run Auto-Fill again. There is a small chance that you might get duplicates if you have edited any slips and Auto-Fill no longer sees them as the same as what it has.

You should always double check that the slips that have been entered in TurboTax are the same as what the CRA has.