Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alqt

do I need to update TD1 forms at my current job after quitting my other job?

I worked part-time last month and it was my only employer at that time, so I submitted the TD1 forms claiming the basic personal amounts. While working that job, I got a second job, and submitted TD1 forms there, checking off the "more than 1 employer at a time" box, claiming 0. Now, I am quitting my first job, but staying at my second job - do I need to resubmit new TD1 forms to my second job, since I don't have more than 1 employer now? 

3 Replies

You must complete your 2021 income tax return for what you did in year 2021 and not 2022. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

alqt

Hello, im not sure if i understand your response to my question. I had two employers (from 2022) where I had to submit TD1 forms when I became an employee. I was working both jobs at once, so for my second employer I checked off "more than 1 employer at a time" in the TD1 form i submitted to them. I am wondering if I have to submit a new TD1 form to my second employer, because I have now resigned from my first job, making this second job my sole employer. 

Yes, you can advise HR at your work that you now only have the one job. If they feel it should be updated at this time they can send you another copy of the TD1 to sign.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.