Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download

First time TT User - purchased the Home and Business for my spouse and I. We installed and did about an hour's work and THOUGHT we bookmarked our progress but we can not find it and are prompted to start over when re-opening the program. 

I have an account which I used to purchaser and download the software  but when I signed in online it again does not recognize me and wants me to start over including re-purchasing. 

Has my progress been lost? If I restart do I have to complete in one sitting as I am unable to bookmark/save?

3 Replies

Download

Please make sure that there is no anti-virus or security software that is preventing you from saving your TurboTax files. Also, it best to save your files to the hard drive built into your computer rather than a network drive or cloud storage.

If you are using TurboTax CD/Download, your account is only used to buy the software, nothing is saved online. 

Download

But I remain lost as to how to save - is it Bookmark? Is it File Save? Both options on my download are greyed out

Download

If you have just started a new return, then you won't be able to save until you get to the Income & Expenses part of the return in EasyStep mode. The option to save will also be greyed out if you don't have a return open.