Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email offering 20% discount

I have been using Turbotax for over a decade but I really wonder about your support.  Yesterday I received an email offering 20% off and said SURE, I can get it now.  I added it the download to my cart, with the 20% discount and then, went to pay/download and the page never loaded.  I tried to find support for 20 minutes and gave up.  Today, I came back to try it again, and now the price is regular, even though the 20% is supposed to be valid for 8 days.  I tried to find a place to report this problem.  Called the [phone number removed] and after 10 minutes on the phone they sent me a link back to the support page!!!  Further, your download page, under current year, is still selling 2022.   VERY FRUSTRATING.  Where can I download the price reduce product as sent in the email?

9 Replies

When you tried the second time, did you use the link in the email or did you go directly to the website? The discount will only work if you start by using the link in the email.

Which page are you looking at that still shows 2022 as the current version on sale?

Crusade

Hi,

I was under the impression that there is a code for the 20% discount valid until tomorrow March 27th. I don't see it, can you please send me a code?

@Crusade We don't send out codes. Occasionally our marketing team sends out promo emails with a link that you can click to receive a discount. If you didn't receive one, then unfortunately, we can't send them out individually. However, you can check with your bank/financial institutions or even your employer, as they may offer discounts on TurboTax.

Crusade

I got the email but I didn't click that link. I signed up as usual under the impression that I would get the discount. It doesn't show the discount

To see the discount, you need to click on the link to start your return. If you didn't do that, don't worry, you can simply go back and click on the link to access your return and the discount should appear. In case you still don't see the discount, please let us know. To do so, please send us a private message and attach a picture of the email you received, so that we can check and honor your 20% off if it's still valid.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

paXauthor

I just filed my return before the March 27 deadline, but don’t see my 20% discount. No coupon code was given out. Apparently, lots of others are having this problem…

We've sent you a private message.

achofor

Good day, last year I was told I would be offered a discount this year but nothing yet. I might be filling my taxes with wealthsimple this year as they are offering filling for zero dollar. I have used your service for about 10 years and never had any discount.

Can you please share with us the message that was sent to you about this discount?