Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Employment Expenses - Line 22900

@SA51 @jayrhynas My issue got resolved after I selected "No" in the first step, that is for: 

1. Under the "Income" -->T-Slips --> "T4 Summary" --> "T4 - Employment Income":

• Enter the information located on your T4 into the appropriate Box Number. 
  • Will you claim employment expenses for working at home due to COVID-19 for income on this T4? NEW!
    • No

I selected "No", as I always work from home irrespective of the COVID-19 restrictions. And the applicable form for me is T2200. 

Form T2200S is applicable only for those employees who work from home due to the COVID-19 restrictions, but not otherwise. The new option provided under the Step-1 quoted above is applicable(should be selected as "Yes") only to the employees who work from home due to the COVID-19 restrictions.

If the same conditions apply to you as well, try selecting "No" as the answer to that first step, while maintaining the same options quoted for the other steps as quoted in my earlier explanation/issue.

Hope that resolves your issue as well!

Xuma2002

Hello,

I can not see any option that you mention about the employment expenses when I edited the T4, there is no option for Covid 19 expenses , 

Mansoorb
Returning Member

It is at the very bottom of the T4 slip. Please scroll all the way down to find it.

PhyllisF8

What about if it’s not covid related.  You just have to work from home

@PhyllisF8 You still have to say yes at the bottom of the T4 to get employment expenses to work in TurboTax.