Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onyeisiv

Error Code #2130

I got the below response when I tried to file using NETFILE...
"#2130 - 
The Canada Revenue Agency's records show that you are a newcomer to Canada with a date of entry in their records. To accurately calculate your return, please return to your software and enter your date of entry and your Canadian sourced and/or foreign sourced income earned when you were not a resident of Canada. If these net incomes are nil, indicate this on your return as instructed by your software."
How can I resolve this please? 

1 Reply

Error Code #2130

You will need to open your return and go click on "INFO" on the left hand side. Then click on Province of Residence- Where did you live on December 31, 2022? enter the province you lived in on this date.  Then continue to answer the questions and click on continue- The following page will ask "did you move to or away from Canada in 2022?" If you moved into Canada or out of you will need to answer YES continue. The following page is where you will enter the information about your move. Did you move to Canada in 2022?  YES if you moved to Canada in 2022. Then put your entry date and complete the rest of the questions and click on continue. Once you have completed these steps you will be able to return to the review section of your income tax return. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.