Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code #280010 When NetFIling - becasue line 9946 opens to a wrong summary

When doing NetFiling my return, I encountered this error, #280010 for Form T2125 for my professional consultation service income. It says "The sum of income lines minus the expenses claimed does not equal the net income/loss on line 9946 of this statement. Please verify all your income and expense entries. Your software should create the value for line 9946 using amounts you entered on the preceding income and expenses lines."

Double-clicking line 9946 on Form T2125 DOESN'T open my Professional Income Summary where my professional income and expenses have been correctly entered and shown. Instead, it opens to a completely different Business Income Summary where net income is zero, because I don't have Business Income. And I've never entered any business income and expenses.

Please let me know how to link line 9946 on my T2125 to my entered income and expenses on Profesional Income Summary. Very appreciative of your quick help and support! 

3 Replies

I think I need to have support ID, in order to talk to a Turbotax support staff. How to get one please? THx!

@Philip96 If the computer asks you for a support ID, just say no.

If need to reach TurboTax support, you have to register the TurboTax (desktop) product. Now I know they only let my support call go through after my name, phone number and email match with my registration. Just to share. Cheers!