Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code TT403

where is the *.ttbk file stored

2 Replies

Error code TT403

I performed a COMPLETE search of my hard drive looking for this extension (Win10 professional).  It does not exist.   the Win10 settings option to choose Default Apps by File Type does show extensions . tax2021; .tax2022 and .tt22  One answer to the RECURRING (year after year) problem of getting error code TT403 suggested *.ttbk might resolve the issue.  I have now re-entered data for this return three times thinking it was my fault.  After the last time i closed and immediately reopened to see if I could.  then waited for additional T-slips to arrive.  Several days later when i opened TT again to continue work on the file and after Turbo Tax updated itself i get the error AGAIN.  I am going to suggest the updating process "breaks" something and TT needs to address this issue immediately.    I will not be a return user or in good conscience recommend TT if this issue is not given priority .  I see many others are having the same problem.

Intuit Turbo Tax took over from Profile who does not offer a netfile version.  Having the experience of using a premiere program like Profile as an efile preparer for over 20 years, I am so disappointed in what Turbo Tax is offering even to the point of following the US version graphical interface.  Use Canadian forms for the Canadian version please.  

Error code TT403

TurboTax CD/Download has not generated *.ttbk files for several years. Only the *.ttxx file is created for a return.

Error code TT403 can happen for different reasons - it means that the program can't open the file. It might be because location that the file was saved to is no longer there, or not accessible. It could be that the file itself is somehow not accessible or is corrupt/damaged. If the program is not saving properly, try saving to another location, like your desktop.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.