Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David268

Error

Turbo Tax keeps defaulting to my spouse and I were NOT cohabitating on December 31, 2023, on the Canada Worker Benefit page???? I have gone through every single entry, for both my wife and I several times, to ensure all information indicates we do live together! I keep changing the answer to yes, we were cohabitating, on the Canada Worker Benefit page and then I save my responses; however, every single time I go back and review the returns, Turbo Tax changes it back to we were NOT cohabitating???? There are multiple spots in this program where I've indicated we do share the same address, yet the program keeps defaulting to we were NOT cohabitating on December 31, 2023???? Changing the response, then saving it immediately after I make the change doesn't seem to have any affect at all. This is extremely frustrating and very inaccurate!!!! Not Cool!!!! I expect a response or a complete refund!

5 Replies

Error

Have you been changing it on the "Forms" or in EasySteps?

David268

Error

The same way I originally filled out my tax return; the easy steps. This is ridiculous. Whatever way I'm trying to fix this should not really matter. It's your program making the error! You guarantee your product's accuracy; yet, I'm the one catching the error made by your program, which would have caused me to file an inaccurate return, had I not caught this error. Please fix this, or stand by your warranty and give me my money back! I understand sometimes programs malfunction, but it's very poor customer service to expect the customer to fix your mistake!

Error

In the Intro part of your tax return, it asks the question if you lived apart- Can you please go and verify that "NO" has been checked.

If you see that it was answered correctly on both returns, contact our phone support for assistance as they can view your screen.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

David268

Error

Because you asked, I have gone through my return again! I have done this, as I have stated very clearly in my earlier post, multiple times. I have checked every part of my return; multiple times! The box you're referring to is absolutely checked NO! I did not live apart from my spouse! 

Error

Thank you for that, can you please contact our phone support team who can view your screen, and if they can't find the issue they will escalate it for you so that it can be fixed?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.