Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jcska

Federal and provincial disability tax credit

If i receive the federal disability tax credit on line 31600 of  $8662, does turbo tax automatically include the Provincial disability tax on line 58440 of $8303. i was unable to to find the breakdown of the provincial non-refundable credits portion. where can i find the provincial portion of my tax in the return online.

5 Replies

If you are speaking of ODSP- You must claim that under "Income" T-Slips- T5007.

ODSP has nothing to do with your Disability Tax Credit. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Jcska

No. I had income from cpp disability T4A(P) , also had CRA disability tax credit which then gives me a Provincial credit. I can see the federal credit in my turbo tax online refile but cannot see the provincial credits. where are they in the tax file so i can check them

If you go to the "Review" section-  you will see the listed provincial credits.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

You have not answered the question regarding provincial disability tax credit on line 58440 - which is not even visible on the tax summary. I will not go through the entire filing process to find out Turbotax has not properly accounted for the provincial disability tax credit. It shows on the federal line but there is no pickup of it on the provincial Alberta line. Why is it not picking up when the Federal is showing?

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue to show you the additions made. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.