Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JC3719
Returning Member

Finding data from previous 2021filing to transfer to a 2022 return both on TurboTax download/CD

Starting my 2022 return I selected 'Browse".  a document list appeared and I selected 'Turbo Tax' files . 

My previous filings appeared up to 2019 but nothing for 2020 or 2021.  (I filed successfully in 2020 and 2021.)

Can I recreate the missing files particularly the 2021 from my  TurboTax Standard's 2020 and 2021  software which are on my desktop? 

I run Parallels and Windows 10 on my Mac, desktop.    I updated to Windows 10 within the last year,  which might explain some loss of data!

I would appreciate any advice, to avoid manual data transfer after using the software for many years!

3 Replies

Finding data from previous 2021filing to transfer to a 2022 return both on TurboTax download/CD

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

JC3719
Returning Member

I followed your advice and telephoned for assistance.

The answering system is not capable of dealing with detailed information when requesting a reason for the call.

After two email responses I asked for a real person, which worked.

Unfortunately looking at my screens did not appear to be an option.

The only advice was to check my trash file for a deleted turbotax 2021 file, which was not found.

I went through the 2021return process to see if the system would resave the transfer data but nothing changed in the TurboTax files in 'documents'. I still only have the files up to 2019 but no more.

JC3719
Returning Member

Since my last post trying to save a copy of 2021, I reopened TurboTax 2021 again and hit open an existing tax return and this time the file appeared with a new revision date, so obviously my attempt worked and I was able to put a copy into the document file. This I called up in Turbo Tax 2022 and transferred the data to new returns.

Problem solved.