Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hollyr83

Fix error "TTO does not support Multijurisdictional returns"

This did not work for me, as I indicated, you can't access business info without paying for the upgrade. I definitely did NOT check that I had self-employment income. My guess is that because I imported previous year's tax info, it brought over something from five years ago when I was self-employed. It is an error that I was not able to fix. I had to restart a new return without importing any data and manually entered everything this time. Stupid annoying error and a waste of money and time. 

Yes, if you had self-employment information on your previous year's return, and transferred your information, it may have caused the program to see you as self-employed. 

This TurboTax FAQ lists some other possible reasons why TurboTax is telling you that you are self-employed: Why is TurboTax telling me I'm self-employed?

hollyr83

I suppose so, except that as stated, I haven’t had self employment on my tax return for years. The last year I claimed it was 2017.  It also imported moving expenses from two years ago, and left me completely unable to remove any of that outdated info. My only advice is that importing your tax data from previous years is NOT a good idea, and you should not use this feature. My tax return was unable to be filed and I wasted money paying for faulty Turbo Tax and, even after a three hour phone conversation with customer service, could not fix my error and left it unresolved never to contact me again. DO BETTER TURBO TAX.