Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turbo tax opens both the T777 and the T2125 forms. Do I complete the same information in both?

Wife is a Scentsy Independent Consultant, and we are trying to put her self employed expenses in the correct place.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Turbo tax opens both the T777 and the T2125 forms. Do I complete the same information in both?

For her Scentsy business, she will use the T2125 form. 

The only time you fill out the T777 form is if she was employed by a company and they provided her with a T2200 form, which would then be translated on the T777 form. 

Otherwise as a self employed individual, she is simply to complete a T2125.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

For her Scentsy business, she will use the T2125 form. 

The only time you fill out the T777 form is if she was employed by a company and they provided her with a T2200 form, which would then be translated on the T777 form. 

Otherwise as a self employed individual, she is simply to complete a T2125.

shane3ee
Returning Member

Thanks for clearing that up. I had a question closely related: As a self employed actor/performer, filling out the T2125 I am question deductions - I am claiming agents fees, I am wondering if I can claim the "non-union work permit" which is significant?  And then if I did claim this, would the amount of deductions be too much? ... as I read elsewhere that the amount may have to be less than 20% (as below):

If you meet the requirements for employed artists, you’re able to deduct the lesser of these three amounts:

• The expenses you actually paid for the year in 2018
  • $1,000
  • 20% of your employment income from artistic activities