Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cwilcox19

Form SK428 - Saskatchewan - Amount for eligible children born in 2002 or later (line 58209)

I have three children, as such the topic line on income tax would normally have two children (minus the child claimed for an eligible dependent federally). However, this year I finalized a child support order and have an order indicating I will claim two children and him the third.  As such, I need this line to reflect only one child not two.  Is there a way I can change this on turbo tax?  If not, I cannot use the system as it appears to only auto populate.

Example:  

For the 2023 tax year, I claim two of the children and he claims one. I claimed one for the federal dependent and would claim the other for the Saskatchewan credit. You cannot claim a child for the SK credit if you have federally.  I add all three children as dependents in the basic information child tax/climate/northern travel incentive purposes so removing one will not be an option.

Thoughts?

1 Reply

Form SK428 - Saskatchewan - Amount for eligible children born in 2002 or later (line 58209)

Are you using TurboTax CD/Download or TurboTax Online?