Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkurman

I used turbo tax for the first time, I just hope I clicked correctly for trillium and gst benefits, I count on these monthly

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CHHunter

I used turbo tax for the first time, I just hope I clicked correctly for trillium and gst benefits, I count on these monthly

Great question and we understand the importance of these benefits for many individuals.

For the GST/HST benefit, beginning for the 2016 tax year, eligibility for benefits are automatically determined based on income and you no longer need to apply for them specifically.  The Canada Revenue Agency will apply those benefits based on your level of income.

To confirm that you have filed for the Trillium benefit, the best way is to login to TurboTax and open the tax return you have filed.  Search for Trillium benefit and confirm that you have selected to apply on the step of the return where you are asked to do so.  You should see the check box selected and you should be all good with respect to having applied for them as you had hoped.  If not let us know and we can help you from there.

Thank you for joining the TurboTax family this year!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CHHunter

Great question and we understand the importance of these benefits for many individuals.

For the GST/HST benefit, beginning for the 2016 tax year, eligibility for benefits are automatically determined based on income and you no longer need to apply for them specifically.  The Canada Revenue Agency will apply those benefits based on your level of income.

To confirm that you have filed for the Trillium benefit, the best way is to login to TurboTax and open the tax return you have filed.  Search for Trillium benefit and confirm that you have selected to apply on the step of the return where you are asked to do so.  You should see the check box selected and you should be all good with respect to having applied for them as you had hoped.  If not let us know and we can help you from there.

Thank you for joining the TurboTax family this year!

pkurman

well Charlie from turbo tax , I believe I did, I clickd on any Ontario benefit I think I was entitled too, never did my own taxes, first time