Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EduardoDMR
Returning Member

[Help] Expert did not file my tax even though I got the confirmation e-mail.

On March 24 I purchased the “TurboTax Live Full Service Self-Employed” which is one of the most expensive services available. I had all the documents and information ready but I’ve decided for the Full Service since this is my first tax in Canada and to avoid any possible delay.

On the 1st of April the tax expert Duke finished my tax return and I digitally signed the documents through the TurboTax Live platform. On the 2nd of April I got an e-mail from TurboTax saying the expert had filed my return.

Today, the 25th of April, 5 days away from the tax deadline, I decided to log on the app to check for any update or message – As yesterday I received an e-mail saying the full service was finalized and that I could access “My Returns” online. Also, the expert mentioned it would take around 2 weeks for my return to be processed and it’s been over 3 weeks since I got the e-mail saying it was filed.

For my surprise the status of my return now shows “In-Progress” and all the previous stages that showed completed before had been cleared. The documents are still in the “Documents” folder, even the T183 form the expert uploaded.

When I called the support number, I was told by the agent Giselle that my tax was not filed and that she didn’t know why. She also didn’t know why I got an e-mail on the 2nd saying my tax had been filed. She finished saying she could not help me and that an expert would call me within 3-4 hours with all the answers.

After 6 hours waiting and not getting a callback, I called the support one more time and spoke with agent Dave. During the 1h48min call, I had to repeat the same information repeatedly, put on hold several times, read and spell e-mails received as apparently the agent was not familiarized with anything from TurboTax. Finally, I was told the situation had to be escalated and that someone would call me back. I STAYED ON THE PHONE FOR ALMOST 2 HOURS TO BE TOLD SOMEONE WOULD CALL ME BACK.

It has been extremely frustrating dealing with this situation especially when I paid the full service to avoid problems like this. Also, the federal labour strike will directly affect my tax return processing time.

Can someone suggest a channel where I can find out what is going on?

1 Reply

[Help] Expert did not file my tax even though I got the confirmation e-mail.

I have verified with the team and yes, your income tax return has been filed. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.