Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please! Turbo tax says I haven't repaid HBP, but I have

Hi all,

Hoping this is a quick fix.

Long story short I used the Home Buyers Plan a few years ago AND I repaid it in full. The CRA website even shows that I have repaid it down to $0.

However, Turbo tax says I owe the full amount and then has deducted $1700 from my return, as it says I haven't made this year's repayment.

How do I delete the HBP from turbo tax? Or whatever is telling it I still owe?

I did the auto upload T4s and slips from the CRA website to turbotax when I started (if that helps)

Thank you so much for any help

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

2 Replies

Do you go into the RRSP section and designate an amount as your HBP repayment

Update: I solved the problem by doing what I suggested below (and going to the section you mentioned). In TurboTax, I went to the page that says "HBP Profile." I then clicked designate an amount for repayment. On the next page I put HBP amount owing and repayment to $0. Problem gone now .... thank you!

Thank you so much for the reply.

I have no HBP repayments to make this year at all.

I paid off the HBP 3 years ago, but the TurboTax program says I still owe the full amount and therefore deducts $1700 from my tax return. This is because it assumes I am not making the payment and owe it.

I notice when the CRA uploads data to TurboTax, it shows me that the info it uploaded says I owe HBP. Logging on to the CRA website, its says I owe $0 for HBP. 
I will try to edit the HBP in the Turbotax program. The page that says outstanding amount and my repayment for this year.