Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home office expenses entered but shows as not started

Need some clarification.  I entered home office expenses (self employed) but on the summary page it shows Total claimable for 2023 as not started and no amount is showing.  There is an Amount to carry forward showing tho. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again.

If that doesn't work, please try deleting the home office expense item, and then re-enter it.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Please clear your browser cache (or use a different browser) and try again.

If that doesn't work, please try deleting the home office expense item, and then re-enter it.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 for more help.

TaxWiz

I have the same issue. Amounts are entered, but it still says 'Not Started". Clearing my cache does not fix the issue.

TaxWiz

Ah, I think I found the bug.

My claimed CCA for 2023 was high. I think TurboTax opted to use the CCA against my income rather than my home/office expenses. But instead of saying $0.00 or "Already maxed/fulfilled by another category" it said 'not started'.

I found this out by reducing my claimed CCA. Afterwards the home/office expenses started to show though.