Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how and where to claim unused rrsp contribution from 2019 on 2022 return

I found out I had about 4800 in unreported and unused rrsp from 2019.  I went into CRA and refiled the 2019 year for that amount.  The new notice of asssesment said I have that 4800 that i can now use on my 2023 return.  I tried to enter this amount in turbotax as a part of my first 60 days contribution for 2023.  Then I get the error from turbotax saying "the amount you designate for transfer to an rrsp cannot be greater than the eligible income reported for transfer"

what have I done wrong here? Do I have to wait until next year to file this unclaimed amount? 

1 Reply

how and where to claim unused rrsp contribution from 2019 on 2022 return

Is the $4800 contributions from prior years those which have not been used as a deduction yet? Please clearly indicate exactly what it says on your assessment as it will clearly tell us what you need help with. If it is to be deducted it belongs on line 20800 and it does not belong in the first 60 days which is only for new contributions. Please see this TurboTax article for more guidance: RRSPs and Your Tax Return: The Bottom Line 

Please see the images below to see where you need to add the prior years unused amount if you wish to claim the deduction. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.