Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get turbo tax standard better divide the tax deducted at source so I may get less return but my wife does not owe?

after splitting our income turbo tax split my tax deducted at source so that my wife ended up owing money to the provincial government.
the program shared the  Tax deducted at source as follows mine 9064.84 and hers 1,703.96. Any way to change that
so she owes nothing?
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I get turbo tax standard better divide the tax deducted at source so I may get less return but my wife does not owe?

The answer I was give is incorrect or turbo tax is a faulty product as it did split what I paid as tax on my split-table income. Asd I pointed out.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You can't split tax deducted at source.

The answer I was give is incorrect or turbo tax is a faulty product as it did split what I paid as tax on my split-table income. Asd I pointed out.

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you. They can look at your return with you.