Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to refile income tax return

My wife and child was left out of my return that was Netfiled.  Marital status was reported correctly as Married but individual returns was selected. 

3 Replies

You can make changes after you have filed your tax return through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) or through ReFILE. This FAQ has more information: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/community/tax-return-amendment/help/i-have-filed-my-tax-return-...

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Should we complete the wife's return or wait until the NOA comes back and only then file hers together with my info as a joint return? 

Unlike in some other countries, Canada doesn't have joint filing for spouses/partners. TurboTax just allows you to prepare returns together with your spouse to make it easier to claim credits and maximize deductions. Also, since your return has already been NETFILEd, you would have to use your existing return if you want to ReFile. 

You can create a individual return for your wife and file it. Then once you have your Notice Of Assessment, you can ReFile your return.