Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
verkaiks

I have a gst reg buss as well as a rental unit. Inputting the rental exp do I include the GST on the utilities or do I deduct them and file them when I file my GST return

I am the sole proprietor of a GST registered business as well as a rental unit. When inputting the rental expenses do I include GST in the total or do I deduct it and file it when I file my GST return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have a gst reg buss as well as a rental unit. Inputting the rental exp do I include the GST on the utilities or do I deduct them and file them when I file my GST return

If the rental is  completely unrelated to the business, I would suggest adding the GST into the total of the rental expenses rather than adding them to the business.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

If the rental is  completely unrelated to the business, I would suggest adding the GST into the total of the rental expenses rather than adding them to the business.

Is the GST number in your personal name, or in a business name?

verkaiks

The GST number is under my name DBA with my business name under it.
verkaiks

Thanks for the input, have a good one