Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sha2
Level 1

I have Turbotax Standard CD/Download. I need some expert advices to report selling and buying principal residence. Should I add Pro Review or Live Assist & Review?

I have been using turbotax for to prepare my (and my wife's) tax return for long. Last year we sold our principle residence and bought another house after couple of days of sale. I have started preparing my return using 2017 Standard CD/download version. I am now a bit confused in completing the principle residence sale part and feeling concerned what if I made mistake in completing it.

I need some expert advice on completing 2017 return for me and my wife. I am not sure though if I have to add Pro-Review or should  I go for Live Assist & Review with  my in progress return with Standard edition (CD/Download edition)?

Please advice asap which service should I buy for since I can some part of our return myself?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have Turbotax Standard CD/Download. I need some expert advices to report selling and buying principal residence. Should I add Pro Review or Live Assist & Review?

TurboTax Live Assist & Review is an online edition of TurboTax. To go with TurboTax Live Assist & Review, you'd have to start a new return from scratch in that edition, and pay for it, as your purchase of the CD/download edition is not transferable.

Since you've already started your return using the CD/download edition, the best thing to do would be to add Pro Review. You'll then be able to give us a call and ask all the questions you'd like.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3203598

View solution in original post

1 Reply

TurboTax Live Assist & Review is an online edition of TurboTax. To go with TurboTax Live Assist & Review, you'd have to start a new return from scratch in that edition, and pay for it, as your purchase of the CD/download edition is not transferable.

Since you've already started your return using the CD/download edition, the best thing to do would be to add Pro Review. You'll then be able to give us a call and ask all the questions you'd like.

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3203598