Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have used the Turbo Tax live-advice on chat with experts. Later on, I filed my tax through some other website. Do I need to pay for Live Advice?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have used the Turbo Tax live-advice on chat with experts. Later on, I filed my tax through some other website. Do I need to pay for Live Advice?

The charge is for taking advantage of the opportunity to get advice.  It has nothing to do with where you choose to use that advice.  You paid for advice, you received advice, there is no reason that I can see for you not to pay.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

The charge is for taking advantage of the opportunity to get advice.  It has nothing to do with where you choose to use that advice.  You paid for advice, you received advice, there is no reason that I can see for you not to pay.

The reason I asked is because you cannot separately pay for advice i guess. The amount shown at the end is the total of advice and package

You could potentially get a refund for the actual tax software if you did not use it.  So even a partial refund is worthwhile.  You will need to discuss it with Intuit support.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/