Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tk5

I was comparing 2017 and 2018 tax returns &noticed something. In 2017, Line 115 seems to have added extra income. In 2018 it is correct. Was there a bug in 2017?

I cannot see why the 2017 Pension number is higher in the software than is entered.  In the Federal Slips screen that appears by double clicking on the number in line 115 if the T1 General the numbers match the T4A slip but the numbers showing on the T1General are much higher.  Then when I go to the Pension Income Worksheet it is pulling this incorrect number forward from line 115 in the T1 General.

In the 2018 version the numbers are correct all the way through.  I ended up paying more income tax last year than I perhaps should have because of this inflated pension number.  Can you see if there was an error in the software? 

1 Reply

I was comparing 2017 and 2018 tax returns &noticed something. In 2017, Line 115 seems to have added extra income. In 2018 it is correct. Was there a bug in 2017?

Please contact our phone support as they will be better able to assist you (*Not available for TurboTax Free users*). https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013