Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing tax slips from CRA fails

Thank you for your feedback.

So exactly what does one have to do? I have been using Turbo Tax for years and use Netfile and last year I could down load just fine. But this year have been attempting to download since Apr 2 and no luck. Does one need to call the CRA to make a change at their end? 

Not sure that I will use Turbo Tax next year. Very Frustrated. 

SallyfromCanada
Returning Member

Hello: depending on the error, mine was locked account...eventhough I can download outside of Turbotax, CRA needed to give permission for Turbotax program to talk and allow download. I still believe Turbotax should program its app to see that the portal is opened or talk to CRA to solve this recurring issue.

@williamdavidwallace @SallyfromCanada 

1. Before trying to Auto-fill in your return, please open a different browser page first and sign in to your MyAccount at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). You do not need to download your information here; only have the account open. 
  2. Leave your MyAccount open and now sign into your return to try your Auto-fill. 

This work around has been known to work for certain customers.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Thanks. I already have tried that and it did not work. I tried to download both with 

a. signed into CRA prior to asking Turbo Tax to get slips

b. Asked Turbo Tax to get slips and then signing into my account at CRA

Neither worked. 

SallyfromCanada
Returning Member

I get it. I have used Turbotax so many years too and never had this issue. I will try it again next year and if it happens again, I will need to switch for 2024 tax

Unfortunately, we are unable to help you any further in this community forum. We believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team again for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us. When asked if you wish to receive an email say NO then say "speak to a representative" then hold the line. If you do not reach a resolution please ask for an escalation so an investigation can be done.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.