Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmeslin
Returning Member

In TurboTax Online, when claiming the GST rebate for union or professional membership fees, how do I specify if it's the GST or HST for form GST370?

The professional membership fees I pay currently get filed under the HST section of form GST370, but the professional organization itself is located in Quebec where it should be the GST and I can't find a way to change that in TurboTax Online. Is there a way to correct or tweak the situation?

2 Replies

In TurboTax Online, when claiming the GST rebate for union or professional membership fees, how do I specify if it's the GST or HST for form GST370?

When you paid your professional membership fees, did you get charged GST or HST? What province are you in?

pmeslin
Returning Member

I'm in Nova Scotia, but the organization itself is in Quebec so their invoice shows GST/QST.

For the time being I got the desktop version since it allows configuring which taxes apply to the union and professional membership fees.