Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income Summary says I received "Social Assistance Income"

Hi All! 
 I have no idea where this "income" might have come from, but TurboTax on line version has stipulated in the "Income Summary" Page that I received 18k!  I did not receive a T5007 and have made no such entry.  I do receive Canada OAS but not 18K. How can I find were this has come from?  The online version does not give you all the individual files. 

Many thanks

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To verify all the information slips that may have been Auto-filled, please go to your menu on the left side and click on Income then T-slips then on T-slip Summary and a screen will open showing the T-slips entered where you will click on Continue at the bottom of the screen. You will now be able to edit/delete each information slip entered.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Did you use "Auto-fill my return" service to import the information from the CRA directly?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I used Auto-fill my return. I did login to my CRA account in the hope that I could find it,  But Nope.  Does "Social assistance income" include OAS ?? Does Where can I find the source for this data? Service Canada? The on line version does not offer individual files. 

Thank You! 

To verify all the information slips that may have been Auto-filled, please go to your menu on the left side and click on Income then T-slips then on T-slip Summary and a screen will open showing the T-slips entered where you will click on Continue at the bottom of the screen. You will now be able to edit/delete each information slip entered.