Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tekk

Industry Code Error Message for General Freight Trucking

Is anyone else getting Industry Code Error Message for General Freight Trucking. The Industry Code on CRAs website is 484100 (Link)! Industry Code 2.jpg

5 Replies

This is the code for freight trucking local - 484121

This is the code for freight trucking long-distance- 484122

North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Canada 2022 Version 1.0

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Tekk

Good day, 

Appreciate the response. However, the trucking company in question does both local and long distance deliveries. And as far as I understand, I cannot use two Industry codes. Hence, I used the code 484100 for both local and long distance deliveries since Canada revenue website clearly shows 484100 as an industry code rather than an industry code group! Would I need to file two seperate T2125 forms - one for Industry code 48411 and another for the industry code 484121?

CRA Industry Code 1.jpgNAICS Industry Code 1.jpgNAICS Industry Code 2.jpg

Your codes are from the old NAICS 2017. The codes I gave you are from the new list of codes. You will only put the one code- CRA will know by what you enter in  your T2125. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Tekk

Good day! 
The industry code for both Local and long distance freight transportation is the same in the 2017 and 2022 version! The codes have not changed! But as I mentioned earlier, I’ll try and file 2 forms if need be and requested by CRA! 

IMG_8704.png

IMG_8703.png

Please try one of these codes:

484110 - General freight trucking, local General freight trucking, local

484121 - General freight trucking, long distance, truck-load (single shipper) General freight trucking, long distance, truck-load (single shipper)
484122 - General freight trucking, long distance, less than truck-load (multiple shippers) General freight trucking, long distance, less than truck-load (multiple shippers)