Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SS007Fly

Initially clicked on partnership re rental property, then changed to Co-ownership, now getting terminal loss

This is a nightmare. 

I initially clicked on Partnership when inputting the current years information relating to an existing rental property.  Somehow, this is generating a sale of the property from a partner or something, and generating a huge terminal loss.  The property is split between myself and my wife.  No dispositions took place, 

Also, it seems no matter how many times I go through it, I initially put .6% as opposed to 60%.  I can get the 60% to apply, as I can see the share of the rental net income is correct, but it does not seem to retain this percentage visually - every time I come back to this page, the percentage is gone.  

The big problem is the terminal loss.  

Any thoughts appreciated. 

Stuart

2 Replies

Initially clicked on partnership re rental property, then changed to Co-ownership, now getting terminal loss

I would just delete the existing rental, and then create a new one and re-input the info.

If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

SS007Fly

It took me a while to find, but one of the fixed assets - I had clicked a box that indicated a disposition of the asset.  Once I unchecked it, it was resolved.  

It is very painful to enter the rental property information given the percentage ownership have to be entered everytime you go through to edit.