Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nabeel
Returning Member

Installer for Turbo Tax Standard 2021 not working

Hello Intuit Turbotax Support team, 

I purchased Turbotax 2021 and downloaded the installer. When I run the installer, the dialog box goes through the unzipping process and then it disappears. I tried the install multiple times but the dialog box keeps disappearing as soon as it starts unzipping. A message shows up "Deleting temporary files" and the box is gone. 

What should I do? Please advise. 

Thanks

2 Replies

When download completed there is no icon for turbo tax 2021

@Nabeel Please try rebooting your computer. Then check the Start Menu to see if the TurboTax icon is there. Click on it, it should continue with the installation process. If you are still not able to resolve this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.

@ostrowskitax1 If you have only downloaded the software installer, then you will not see a TurboTax icon on your desktop or in your start menu. You need to go to wherever your browser saves your downloads, and open the installer. Once you have installed the software, you'll see the TurboTax icon on your desktop and in your start menu

If you need more help with this issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608.