Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cuckitz

Interst Income splitting

When a 50% split is specified for a T5 box 13 interst amount, my spouses account shows a 50% amount while my account shows the 100% amount.  This is indicated on the respective T1 Supplementary forms and is carried through to the respective 12100 line, resulting in my spouse being taxed on 50% and me being taxes on 100%. 

When I discovered this on my 2022 forms, I went back and checked my 2021 forms and the same problem was evident.  The Tax department must really love this.  Please respond as to how I can override this so each of us is taxes on 50% of the amount.  Thank you.

1 Reply

Interst Income splitting

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help you. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

An adjustment will need to be done for the previous year. You may review your 2021 Notice of Assessment first as the Canada Revenue Agency often edits the information as per the information in your file during their assessment of your return.

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.