Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a quick way to clear "T-Slips" information?

Hi - I am using TurboTax Standard desktop edition for Windows.   

I have been using this software since the HomeTax days going back to 1998 and I have feedback / questions after yet another frustrating experience using this software as my tax situation gets more complex.

One issue I am having is with the "T-slip" information.   My financial institution uploads T3's and T5008's to the CRA but there are over 60 of these usually so TurboTax does not take all of them (60 is the max).   They do send me a condensed single form version which is the one that I input.    This year however when I downloaded my tax info from the CRA and UNCHECKED the T3's and T5008's they were downloaded anyway (April 5th).    My frustration is that this was probably a glitch so my only option was to manually delete 120 entries.    There seemingly is no way to delete all of this data all at once.   I have to delete 120 entries with multiple fields in each entry.    Is there a quick way to do this that I am missing?    If not it would be a feature request that you add this into the program.    I have had similar such issues for several years now and it's darn frustrating!!!

Other than this I am completely satisfied with this product.

5 Replies

No, unfortunately there is no quick way to delete more than one slip at a time, other than to start the return over.

Ok I figured that.   

Can you please put that in as a feature request as I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. 

I've have been using this software for 25 years and this is my only complaint.

Also -- can you confirm if it was a software issue that caused the automatic download of T3 info from the CRA website even though I unchecked these slips?   (April 5, 2024)

Cheers 

Yes, it is possible that the software may have brought in the slips when it should not have. 

But we have had an update since then, and another update is due shortly, so the problem may have been resolved. If you try it again and still have the same issue, please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.

Well my tax return was submitted to the CRA a month ago.   

So hopefully this glitch has been resolved.

What about my "feature request" for deleting slips?

We will send this to the appropriate team to see if they can find a solution for deleting slips. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.