Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues entering COVID repayment in 2022

My husband repaid $1000 of CERB benefits in 2022.  Searched for the COVID repayment form but I am unable to enter the amount in the "Amount of repayment to claim in 2022" line as there are no boxes available to enter the amount into.  If I try to enter it in the line for "...claim in 2021" I get an error at the top of the screen that says "The total amount to deduct on 2020/2021 returns can’t be more than the total repayment available to deduct."  The letter we received from Service Canada says to enter the repayment amount on line 23210 of your 2022 return.  How do I search for this line in Turbo Tax.

5 Replies

If you repaid a CERB amount from Service Canada, you will get a T4E slip. Then you can just fill out the T4E slip in TurboTax, which will automatically fill in the needed forms/line numbers.

Great, thank you!

It does not fill out the repayment amount because no line 23210 is visible . Turbo tax does not have a line 23210 available for their customers to use . Please Clarify where to claim 2022 CERB repayment. Turbo tax has failed to address this issue in a professional manner.

ckay1984

I am having the same problem. I had to go into the T4E manually and set the repayment option to "Yes" but it still does not seem to deduct correctly. Very odd, I'm still not sure if I'm doing it right.

Turbo tax does not automatically fill in Cerb repayment you need to input the amounts in the cerb repayment boxes 30 and 26.This is what one of their agents suggested to me. In the end the CRA will correct the issues and it will be shown on you 2022 Notice of Assessment.