Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drtv

Joint account T5 divident etc splitting with spouse is not doing properly - always keeping full amount in mine after transferring % to spouse

There is a big bug in turbotax. While preparing a couple tax downloaded T5 from cra site. It is from a joint account.

When I say 50% is spousal portion it puts 50% in spouse but it is still keeping 100% in my return.

So I am payiong tax on full income even though only 50% should be there. For the dividend income I checked the lines 12000 and 12100 in a test run. This is a big bug. Please fix it. I checked my returns for 2021 also it did the same mistake. I have to now correct and resubmit to cra explaining the problem. I am surprised that Turbo tax testers missed this. The onloy tested if the % given is transferred to spouse or not, but for got to reduce the amount used bu spouse in my return.

1 Reply

Joint account T5 divident etc splitting with spouse is not doing properly - always keeping full amount in mine after transferring % to spouse

In order to help you with this situation, we believe your best option is to contact our telephone support team for further assistance, as they have the option to view your screen to help resolve the issue. To contact them, please follow this link: Contact Us

​​​​​​​Thank you for choosing TurboTax.