Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just downloaded Turbotax Standard, installed, but does not start

Downloaded TurboTax Standard.

Restarted computer (as suggested by dialog box)

When i click on the TT2023 icon on the desktop screen,

the system searches for any updates,

presents the Intuit TurboTax Splash screen,

then a blank windows dialog box appears, with TurboTax 2023 as the Window title, but nothing else.

23 Replies

I am having the same issue but I installed mine a few weeks ago and have already started a few returns. I have turned off all antivirus software and did all updates

Please try running the program as an Administrator. To do this, right click on the program icon. In Windows 11, you may need to click on "Show More Options" to see the option.

Curiously, TurboTax Canada 2022 and TurboTax Canada 2021 run on this computer fine.

I'll look into the AV software to see if it blocking TTC 2023

Run as Administrator. No difference. 

I looked at the AV software, it didn't seem to blacklist any specific product

You do not have add blocker on or any virus protector on? 

I have the same problem. After installing from CD onto my computer, I signed into my TT account. A screen with four spinning dots appears and I cannot enter my activation code. Tried multiple times. This is extremely frustrating! TT user for 15+ years. Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same experience. I tried this a week ago, and then again today with the latest download. Running as admin makes no difference. The install completes, but on startup TurboTax shows a white window with TurboTax in the title bar, then nothing happens (CPU usage zero). I'm on a regular laptop (Dell XPS) and don't have problems with other software.  I can only think this is a TurboTax problem. 

Tried that, no luck. Called support and they advised me to uninstall and reinstall program which I have done, same result-checks for updates, blue screen with Intuit logo then nothing. TT2021.2020 and 2019 still all open on this same laptop with no issue.

Please contact our phone support team as they can view your screen and assist  you further.